High Power Rifle
Team members can practice at South County Rod and Gun Club the Saturday before the League Shoot on Sunday. To become a High Power Team Member, you must do the following:
- Become a member of the Rhode Island Revolver and Rifle Association Inc. (This can be waived if the Gun Club is already a member of the Assoc. THE MEMBERSHIP FORM is attached.)
- Have their name submitted by me on the Team Roster (Jim Strikland, Capt. of the Pine Tree Gun Club), Phone (401) 732-4285. Call me and leave your Name, Address, Phone #, NRA # and when it would be a good time to call you back. Members may be added at any time during the season. ONLY LEAGUE MATCHES ARE NRA REGISTERED.
- Member will pay $8.00 each time they shoot a league match.
The Dates the League is scheduled to shoot are as follows:
Practice Match-Phillips Memorial Match-South County Rod and Gun (SCR&G) 9:00 am.
- 1st League Match-May 17, (Sun) 2015 at SCR&G-9:00 am
- 2nd League Match-June 2, (Sun) 2015 at Copicut Rifle, Copicut Reservoir, Fall River, MA 9:00 am
- 3rd League Match-July 12, (Sun) 2015 at SCR&G-9:00 am
- 4th League Match-Aug 16, (Sun) 2015 at Copicut Rifle 9:00 am
- 5th League Match-Sept 20, (Sun) 2015 at Wallum Lake, Burrillville, RI 9:00 am
The courses of fire will be the NRA High Power Rifle Competition Course:
- 10 Shots Offhand in 10 minutes at 200 yds.
- 10 Shots Sitting Rapid in 60 seconds at 200 yds.
- 10 Shots prone Rapid in 70 seconds at 300 yds.
- 22 Shots prone Slow fire in 22 minutes at 300 yds. (Score High 20 Shots)
IF YOU HAVE NEVER FIRED HIGH POWER, YOU CAN GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEE HOW IT IS DONE.